Friday, March 20, 2009

Ode To A New Economy

My apologies to Bare Naked Ladies. Connect to their web site here http://www.bnlmusic.com/

Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)
But I just lost my house (But I just lost my house)
Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)
Sold the furniture in my house.(Wanna buy a nice chesterfield or ottoman?)
Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)
Bought you a kiddie-car (a nice pedal automobile)
Once I had a million dollars

Once I had a million dollars. Now I live in a tree fort in your yard.
Once I had a million dollars. You could join me, it wouldn't be that hard.
Once I a million dollars. (We would put a little tiny fridge in there somewhere.)We could just go up and hang out. (Open the fridge there would becheap food laid out for us, little half subs and moldy bread and things.)

Once I had a million dollars (Once I had a million dollars)
I sold your fur coat (But not for much cause its not real)
Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)
We ate our exotic pets (both the llama and the emu)
Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)I sold everything that remains (ooh all them crazy elephant tusks and such)
Once I had a million dollars.

Once I had a million dollars (we couldn’t drive to the store.)
Once I had a million dollars (we'd take a bicycle to save some more.)
Once I had a million dollars (we’d have to eat Kraft dinner.)We’d get sick of eating Kraft dinner. Well of course we would and we'd still eat more. ANDSteal all the fanciest ketchup for it...Dijon ketchup! mmmm…

Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you a Goodwill dress. (but not a real Goodwill dress that's cruel)
Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)
We’d sell all our art. (Poker playing dogs on velvet)
Once I had a million dollars. (Once I had a million dollars)
We ate our monkey. (He joined the llama and the emu)
Once I had a million dollars

Once I had a million dollars (Once I had a million dollars)
Once I had a million dollars (Once I had a million dollars)
Once I had a million dollars…
I was rich.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooohhh... this has *read* possibilities! I hope you know somebody with a garage band who can record this!

Chef Jeff said...

Hi Thom-

Love this!!!